White-pigmented, solvent-free isolating and priming coat over tar-, bitumen-, nicotine- and soot-contaminated substrates
The product can be stored for up to 12 months in its original unopened packaging if kept dry and frost-free. Frost will destroy the product. After thawing it is not allowed to use it.
Fields of application
weber.prim 404 is used as isolating and priming coat on for ex. gypsum plasterboards and chipboards, tar-, bitumen-, nicotine- and soot-contaminated substrates.
Also, as a priming coat in case of water stains in case of the cement-based top renders weber.star 222, 223, 244, 261 and 281, the lime-based renders weber.cal 286, 288, 289 and the organic top renders weber.pas with the exception of silicate-bound materials.
- prevents “bleeding” of lignin substances
- provides an effective isolating effect
- reduces porosity of substrates
- improves bonding of renders to substrate
- coefficient of water vapour permeability (μ): approx. 80
- drying time approx. 12 hours
- for use indoors
Limits of use: do not use weber.prim 404 under thick-layer renders; it is only allowed to be used under thin-layer top renders.