weber.pas 481 AquaBalance
0.5 mm, 1.0 mm, 1.5 mm, 2.0 mm and 3.0 mm
white and colours according to the Weber colour chart; special colours upon request
0.5 mm - 3.0 mm
The product can be stored at least 12 months in its original unopened packaging, if kept protected from direct sunlight and frost-free (at temperatures between +5 °C and +30 °C).
Fields of application
weber.pas 481 AquaBalance is used as silicone-based overlay render (top coat) for indoors and outdoors with excellent and durable protection against algae and fungi. Also suitable as finish top coat on weber.dur underlay renders (base coat) and on weber.ther Etics (external thermal insulation composite systems).
- without biocidal film preservation
- controlled hydrophilic surface with a balanced moisture management, preventing formation of algae and fungus
- very open to water vapour
- easy application
- particularly weather-resistant
- resistant to mechanical loads
- for use indoors and outdoors
- Material dries by evaporation of water. Therefore, damp weather will delay drying. Complete drying may take up to 2 weeks.
- During application and drying, the temperature of air, materials and substrate must always be above +5 °C and the relative humidity rate must be below 80 %.
- Protect fresh render surfaces from direct sunlight, strong winds or moisture.
- Comply with the national guidelines and/or standards (for ex. DIN 18550); if not issued and if necessary, request technical advice.
- The consumption figures mentioned in this document refer to the minimum layer thickness of the render. Due to specific substrates and application variations the consumption might vary. Exact consumption must be determined on a job site mock-up (trial area).
- Adjacent building parts must be separated from the built-in render system.
- After drying the render colour might vary due to natural deviations of raw materials, render texture as well as application and drying conditions. For the same reasons the render colour might deviate from the Weber dry sample or colour chart. Colour variations cannot be considered as quality loss or as justified claim.
- If possible, order the whole material quantity for the building site in one. If any buckets with different batch numbers, mix them with one another.
- In case of over-painting top renders it is always recommended to use paints with AquaBalance technology (for ex. weber.ton 411 AquaBalance).
- Thanks to its optimized moisture management weber.pas 481 AquaBalance offers a very high and durable protection against algae and fungal growth.
- Permanent high humidity level and dirt deposits for ex. in cases of application on socket areas of facades, faulty drainage and planting of trees close to buildings can promote the formation of fungi and algae.
- The product in grain sizes < 1.5 mm can only be applied in 2 layers according to the “Ticino method” (refer to Working instructions).