weber.floor 4490Product formerly named: maxit plan 490/486
approx. 6 liters / 40 kg
The product can be stored for at least 6 months in its original unopened packaging if kept dry and protected from moisture.
Fields of application
weber.floor 4490 is used as normal-drying screed on separating membrane, on insulation boards, on underfloor heating and on hollow space floors/raised floors in residential and commercial constructions and in office areas.
- EMICODE EC 1PLUS: very low emission of volatile substances
- CA - C25 - F5 (EN 13813)
- with flow performance
- low tension and low shrinkage during setting
- large field sizes up to 200 m² possible
- quickly ready for overlay with flooring materials
- suitable on underfloor heating
- Follow the national guidelines/standards. If necessary, refer to the norm DIN 18560 (relating to the load-dependent screed thicknesses for calcium sulphate flow screeds).
- Arrange dummy joints for special structural features and special room geometry, i.e. wall entry points, doorways, and wall recesses. Take over existing movement joints.
- Seamless surfaces of up to 200 m² can be installed; the optimal ratio between length and width should be 2 : 1.
- Pay attention to separated heating circuits; expansion joints must be installed between separately geared heating circuits and cold-hot zones.
- For application on floating constructions, all walls and upstands (pillars, columns, etc.) within the floor should be separated with a thick insulation foam strip ≥ 10 mm; it must reach downwards from the substrate up to the upper edge of the final covering.
- In case of doubt regarding the application, substrate or special structural features, request technical advice.
- In case of rising damp or vapor pressure through the substrate, apply 2 coats of epoxy resin as vapour-barrier, e.g. weber.floor 4712 (EC 1) directly onto the concrete substrate with silica sand spreading on the fresh second coat.