maximal water cement ratio: 0.45
The product can be stored at least 6 months in its original unopened packaging, if kept cool and dry.
Fields of application
weber.floor 4080 is used for production of quick-setting screeds in residential, industrial and shop constructions, on balconies and terraces, in garages and basement rooms. As bonded screed and as floating (un-bonded) screed on separating membranes or on insulation boards and on underfloor heating under all common flooring materials. For renovation and refurbishment works of old floors. For indoors and outdoors.
- EMICODE EC 1 R PLUS: very low emission of volatile substances
- early ready for overlay with floorings
- early heatable
- suitable for heated floor constructions
- low shrinkage and tension during setting
- particularly dimensionally stable
- easy application
- class A 1 (reaction to fire): non-combustible
- Comply with the national guidelines/standards relating to the load-dependent thicknesses of cement screeds. If not issued or if necessary, refer to the norm DIN 18560 or request technical advice.
- High temperatures shorten, lower temperatures extend the pot life.
- All walls and upstands (pillars, columns etc.) within the floor should be separated from the floor construction with a 10-mm thick insulation foam strip; it must reach downwards from the substrate up to the upper edge of the final covering.
- Arrange dummy joints for special structural features and special room geometry, i.e. wall entry points, doorways, wall recesses.
- Take over existing movement joints.
- Do not expose to direct weathering in outdoor areas.
- The final surface must receive a covering, and is not allowed to be left without.
- In case of doubt regarding application, substrate or special structural features, request technical advice.
- In case of application in wet-duty rooms and on balconies special measures for waterproofing should be taken, for ex. with the 2-comp. reactive waterproofing slurry weber.tec Superflex D 2 or the 2-comp. waterproofing and tile adhesive weber.xerm 844 (waterproofing bonded layers).
- It is essential to avoid moisture penetration until the floor covering has been laid.
- The mixing ratio of 1 : 4 by weight results in a screed with the performance CT-C35-F5 when properly installed.
- The mixing ratio of 1 : 6 by weight results in a screed with the performance CT-C25-F4 when properly installed.
- Mix weber.floor 4080 with gravel sand 0 - 8 mm (according to EN 13139), with a grading curve A/B8 (according to EN 206 and DIN 1045-2) and a content of finest particles (< 0.063 mm) of max. 3%.
- The water/cement ratio for such mixtures should not exceed 0.45, taking into account the moisture content of the aggregates.
- If processing takes place in winter, frozen aggregates are not allowed to be used.
- Minimal screed thickness: 30 mm (when used as bonded screed)
- Minimal screed thickness: 40 mm (when used on separating membrane)
- Minimal screed thickness: 45 mm (when used on insulation boards)
- Maximal screed thickness: in all cases 60 mm, except 80 mm on insulation boards
- The minimal and maximal screed thickness depends on the system set-up for the screed installation (either as bonded system or as floating system on separating membrane or on insulation boards), the thickness of insulation as well as the specific use and weight loads of the floor (residential, commercial, public constructions etc.). Always comply with the national guidelines; if not issued or if necessary, request technical advice.
- Do not add any foreign substances (admixtures or binders) during mixing and application.