weber.fug 878Product formerly named: MULTIPOX F
The product can be stored at least 12 months in its original unopened packaging, if kept dry and cool (not below + 5 °C).
Fields of application
weber.fug 878 is used for use as epoxy resin binder for the provision of wall and floor grouts in case of high-load surfaces requiring a high mechanical and chemical resistance. After mixing with silica sand the grout is used for following coverings: ceramic tiles, mosaic, stoneware brick slips, porcelain stoneware, stoneware, earthenware, glass mosaic, split tiles and clinker slabs.
The product is suitable in following areas: swimming pools, poll surrounds, hydrotherapy baths, bathrooms and shower facilities, balconies and terraces, workshops, laboratories floors and tables, commercial kitchens, food and beverage industries, breweries, slaughterhouses, warehouses, cold storage rooms, industrial premises and car wash facilities. Due to the addition of silica sand on job site weber.fug 878 is economical, above all for large projects. For use indoors and outdoors.
- to be mixed with silica sand
- can be easily emulsified and hence cleaned
- high chemical resistance
- can withstand high mechanical loads
- weathering- and frost-resistant
- watertight- and heat-resistant
- crack-free curing
- for walls and floors
- for areas permanently underwater
- also for industrial premises
- for use indoors and outdoors
- Limits of use: do not use weber.fug 878 for grouting marble and porous materials; in these cases, use the ceramic and natural stone grout with crystal effect weber.fug 875 F.
- All characteristics mentioned in this data sheet are based on a temperature of +23 °C without draught and a relative humidity rate of 50%.
- Higher temperatures accelerate, lower temperatures delay the reaction process.
- Mortar residues can accumulate on tiles with microporous (for ex. Lappato), porous, textured (rough) or matt glazed surfaces; if in doubt, carry out a test on a trial area to ascertain if discoloration is likely. If necessary, pre-wet the surfaces in order to prevent discoloration.
- Corner joints, connection joints to installed components and pipe ducts must be closed with an elastomeric silicone-based joint sealant, like weber.fug 880, 881 or 883 in accordance with the job site requirements.
- Depending on the sand used, colour deviations between our mineral grouts and silicone joint sealants may occur.
- Do not use already stiffened material.
- Take care when handling the component B (hardener). It is alkaline, skin aggressive and can cause irritation. Observe the safety regulations indicated on the packaging when handling and storing the material.
- Do not expose freshly grouted surfaces to direct sunlight to avoid the formation of bubbles.
- For full information relating to chemical resistance observe the chemical resistance chart of the product; if necessary, request technical advice.