weber.tec 971Product formerly named: PLASTIKOL TKS 2
approx. 1 - 2 days
The product can be stored at least 12 months in its original unopened packaging, if kept at temperatures between +15°C and +25°C.
Fields of application
weber.tec 971 is used for the elastomeric sealing of vertical joints between pedestrian and traffic areas of in-situ concrete, polymer concrete, prefabricated concrete parts and screeds. Also convenient for floor joints with a slope of > 2%. For use in petrol service stations, petrol pumping facilities, garages, storage areas for chemicals as well as for parking decks for cars, trucks and aircraft. For use indoors and outdoors.
- allowed maximal elongation of 25%
- resistant to hydrocarbons
- highly elastic
- resistant to UV radiation, ageing, diluted acids, alkalis and aggressive industrial gases
- for use indoors and outdoors
- Limits of use: do not use weber.tec 971 in following cases: spillage of mineral acids and organic solvents / permanent standing water / strong spillage with aggressive acids (for ex. electroplating shops, storage battery stations, galvanoplastic working stations, accumulator stations etc.).
- Following substrates like glass, glazed ceramics, enamel, plastics and screeds are not foreseen within the scope of the European approval.
- All characteristics mentioned in this data sheet are given for a temperature of +23 °C, without draught and a relative humidity of rate 50%.
- High temperatures and lower humidity rates accelerate, lower temperatures and higher humidity rates slow down the reaction process.
- The substrate temperature must be at least 3 °C above the prevailing dew point. temperature.
- During application according to the European technical guidelines the material temperature must be between > +10 °C and < +40 °C.
- During mixing a material temperature of 15 °C - +25 °C is recommended.
- In case of strong sun radiation weber.tec 971 can be used for joints with a slope ≥ 1.5%.
- Avoid three-side adhesion by inserting a closed-cell polyethylene round profile foam into the joints.
- Do not add any foreign substances during mixing and application.
- Take care that the installation depth of the joint sealant must be greater than the penetration depth of the liquid into the concrete.
- Comply with the national water management guidelines relating to refilling stations, petrol stations etc. and/or follow the guidelines of the European Technical Approvals. If necessary, request technical advice.