weber.floor 4718 R
Quick-curing and solvent-free polyurethane resin primer for substrate consolidation and as moisture barrier (SR - B1.5)
The product can be stored at least 12 months in its original unopened packaging, if kept dry, protected from moisture and direct sunlight, and at temperatures ≥ +10 °C.
Fields of application
weber.floor 4718 R is used as quick-drying primer for all common substrates before gluing parquet with all weber.floor parquet glues (weber.floor 4832, 4833 and 4836). As barrier against increased residual moisture and for consolidation of mineral, absorbent substrates. As bonding layer when grit-blinded with silica sand weber.floor 4936 (0.3 - 0.8 mm) prior to smoothing works with the smoothing mortars weber.floor 4010, 4031, 4032 or 4033. As primer in combination with the bonding primer + scratch layer weber.floor 4705 on dense epoxy coats and poured mastic asphalt (without silica sand on top) prior to application of the smoothing mortar weber.floor 4031 up to a 5-mm thick layer.
- tested according to the AgBB-scheme (Committee for Health-Related Evaluation of Building Products); hence suitable for sensitive recreative rooms
- simple and odorless processing
- quick curing and low consumption
- suitable on old substrates, e.g. well-bonded adhesive residues
- very good penetration
- very high adhesion
- good vapour-barrier effect against damp
- Comply with the national standards and/or guidelines relating to floor covering works (in particular parquet). If not issued or if necessary, request technical advice.
- The primer must be applied at falling temperatures.
- The product is frost-sensitive.
- Relative humidity rate < 75% during application and for 24 hours afterwards.
- The substrate temperature must be at least 3 °C above the prevailing dew point temperature.
- All characteristics mentioned in this data sheet relating to pot life, delay for pedestrian traffic, consumption are temperature-dependent and are based on +20 °C.
- It is essential to adhere to the specified consumption figures, as thicker layers will lead to an extremely delayed curing and to an impairment of the adhesion of subsequent layers.
- In case of non-absorbent substrates, the curing times have to be doubled.
- When waterproofing screeds with residual moisture, switch off the functional heating.