2-comp. epoxy primer for substrate consolidation, as moisture barrier, crack sealer and binder for resin mortars
The product can be stored at least 24 months in its original unopened packaging, if kept dry, protected from moisture and direct sunlight, at a temperature ≥ +10 °C.
Fields of application
weber.tec 794 is used as primer for the 2-comp. coloured epoxy resin coating weber.tec 796. For consolidation of concrete surfaces and screeds. As vapour-barrier against rising damp under smoothing mortars and levelling underlay mortars. Best designed as water-free primer on moisture-sensitive substrates. For monolithic sealing of cracks and construction joints of concrete surfaced and screeds. As bonding layer for bonded screeds and for adjoining works with screed mortar. As binder in combination with oven-dried silica sands it is possible to obtain thin scratch layers, epoxy resin patching repair mortars and epoxy resin screed mortars (SR) for use on industrial floors. For use indoors and outdoors.
- wide application range
- compatible on concrete and cement screeds substrate residual moisture up to 4 CM-% (by weight) for concrete and cement screeds
- very economical in case of large surfaces
- high-effective barrier effect against rising damp
- consolidates absorbent mineral substrates
- very good chemical resistance
- 100% solids content (i.e no water and no solvent) as epoxy resin composition according to the test method of German Association for Construction Chemicals
- for use indoors and outdoors
- Comply with the national standards and/or guidelines relating to works with reactive resins. If not issued and if necessary, request technical advice.
- When used as primer, the material must be applied at falling temperatures.
- All characteristics mentioned in this data sheet relating to pot life, delay for pedestrian traffic, consumption and filling ratios with mineral fillers are temperature-dependent and are based on +20 °C.
- Relative humidity rate < 75% during application and for 1 day afterwards
- Substrates with a reactive resin on top must be protected from rising damp by applying an appropriate waterproofing.
- Whitish stains might appear on the surface due to moisture (dew point); they must be eliminated prior to application of the next coatings at all costs.
- The substrate temperature must be at least 3 °C above the prevailing dew point temperature.
- Porous substrates and concrete with air-entraining agents cannot be primed pore-free; this usually might lead to blisters and channels in the subsequent coating.
- As a rule, reactive resins require a compressive strength ≥ 30 N/mm2 and a tensile strength (pull-off strength) of concrete surfaces ≥1.5 N/mm2.
- Do not add foreign substances during mixing and application.