Standard colours approx. RAL 1001, 1015, 3009, 5014, 6011, 7001, 7015, 7023, 7030, 7032, 7035, 7040; other colours upon request
The product can be stored up to 12 months in its original unopened packaging, if kept dry, protected from moisture and direct sunlight, and at temperatures > +10 °C. Frost will destroy the product. After thawing it is not allowed to be used.
Fields of application
weber.tec 796 is used for the coating of concrete floor surfaces or cement screeds, e.g. mechanically stressed surfaces in industrial and commercial areas, and also in so-called “recreation rooms”. Allows smooth coatings and non-slip coatings in a thickness of > 1.5 mm-thickness. Depending on thickness, it can be mixed with silica sand. Also suited for achieving non-skid coatings with broadcasting of silica sand and top sealer (paint) on top. Furthermore, convenient as thin coating on old epoxy resin coatings. For use indoors and outdoors.
- fulfills the AgBB guidelines (Committee for Health-Related Evaluation of Building Products) for sensitive recreation rooms
- multi-use epoxy resin
- can be mixed with silica sand for layer thickness ≤ 2 mm
- can be applied as top sealer on blinded coatings
- also as thin coating on old epoxy resin coatings
- 100% solids content (i.e no water and no solvent) as epoxy composition according to the test method of German Association for Construction Chemicals
- decorative smooth or rough(non-slip finish)
- available in a wide colour range
- for use indoors and outdoors
- All characteristics mentioned in this data sheet relating to pot life, delay for pedestrian traffic, consumption and filling ratios with mineral fillers are temperature-dependent and are based on +20 °C.
- Higher temperatures shorten, lower temperatures delay the pot life; when the product is mixed with silica sand.
- Relative humidity < 75% during application and up to 24 hours afterwards
- The substrate temperature must be at least 3 °C above the prevailing dew point temperature to avoid risk of condensation.
- Comply with the national standards and/or guidelines relating to works with reactive resins on floors; if not issued, and if necessary, request technical advice.
- Minor shade deviations are unavoidable due to different product batches. If a uniform colour appearance is important, work on contiguous sections should be carried out using the same batch number (see label on packaging).
- Epoxy resins are not permanently colour-stable under UV radiation (direct sunlight) and weather influences and they tend to become chalky due to accelerated ageing.
- Porous substrates and concretes with air-entraining agents can lead to blisters and channels in the coating.
- When used in thicknesses from 0.5 up to 2.0 mm or as top layer weber.tec tec 796 must be uncut (without silica sand).
- When used in thicknesses from 2.0 up to 4.0 mm mix weber.tec tec 796 with up to 50% filling sand weber.floor 4935 (0.1 - 0.3 mm).
- The AR wear class stated on the CE label is given for the smooth coating (e.g. without silica sand on top).
- As a rule, the pot life of blended epoxy resins is somewhat longer than in the case of unfilled ones.