weber.tec 824Product formerly named: SUPERFLEX D 1
at least 2 mm
5.0 - 5.4 liters / 20 kg
The product can be stored for at least 12 months in its original unopened packaging if kept dry.
Fields of application
weber.tec 824 is used as flexible, crack-bridging, 1-component hydraulically-setting waterproofing slurry. To be used as composite waterproofing (i.e. as bonded system) in wet-duty areas with low, moderate or high moisture loads under ceramic coverings in interior areas on walls and floors. The product hardens virtually free of cracks and residual stress and can be directly covered with
Suitable for waterproofing in combination with ceramic coverings in case of all water load classes W0-I up to W3-I according to DIN 18534-3 in indoor areas as described hereafter:
Low water load (W0-I): walls of domestic bathrooms beyond shower areas/walls of domestic kitchens/floors of domestic rooms without drain, for ex. in kitchens, utility rooms, and guest toilets in case of moisture-sensitive substrates.
Moderate water load (W1-I): walls of domestic bathrooms above bathtubs and in showers/floors of domestic bathrooms without or with drain without high water load from the shower area/floors of domestic rooms with drain in case of moisture-sensitive substrates.
High water load (W2-I): walls of showers in sports facilities and industrial premises/walls and floors in sports facilities and industrial premises/floors with drains or gutters and flush-floor showers in case of moisture-resistant substrates.
Very high water load (W3-I): very high exposure to water on surfaces with very frequent or longlasting exposure to spray water, service water or water from intensive cleaning operations, for ex. pedestrian areas around swimming pools/showers and shower rooms in sports facilities and industrial premises in case of moisture-resistant substrates.
In addition, for the reliable waterproofing of several substrates against water penetration, such as heated/unheated screeds, masonries, concrete, aerated concrete, mineral renders, gypsum-based substrates, old ceramic tiles, etc. which are exposed to strong water load after tiling.
Furthermore, for use as moisture protection in splash water areas (facade socket areas) and as post-applied internal waterproofing when renovating old buildings.
The product hardens virtually free of cracks and residual stress and can be directly covered with ceramic coverings.
After setting, it is waterproof, frost-, sulphate- and ageing-resistant.
For use indoors and outdoors.
- resistant to sulphates
- good bonding onto substrates
- Comply with the national standards and/or guidelines, for ex. EN 14891 “Liquid-applied water- impermeable products for use beneath ceramic tiling bonded with adhesives”, DIN 18534-3 “Bonded waterproofing under tiles and slabs with liquid products for interior use”, DIN 18195 ”Waterproofing of buildings” and the leaflets of ZDB (Central Association of German Construction Industry); if not issued and if necessary, request technical advice.
- All characteristics mentioned in this data sheet are given for a temperature of +23 °C, without draft and a relative humidity rate of 50%.
- Higher temperatures and lower humidity rates accelerate, lower temperatures and higher humidity rates delay the setting process.
- Do not use a material that has already stiffened.
- Existing structural joints must be covered with the sealing tape weber.tec 828 DB G or DB 150 and incorporated into the tile covering in a congruent manner.
- During the installation of ceramic coverings or natural stones, avoid damage to the waterproofing layer.
- Limits of use: do not use weber.tec 824 on balconies, terraces and in swimming pools; in these cases we recommend the 2-comp. reactive waterproofing slurry weber.tec Superflex D 2 or the 2-comp. waterproofing, tile adhesive and de-coupling system weber.xerm 844.
- weber.tec 824 is not suitable for direct use; it must be covered with appropriate hard protective layers (screed or tiles).
- It is resistant to water loads with pressure under permanent wet conditions after 7 days at the earliest.