The product can be stored for at least 12 months in its original unopened packaging, if kept dry,
protected from moisture and direct sunlight, at a temperature ≥ +10 °C.
Fields of application
weber.floor 4712 is used as normal-curing primer for reactive resin-based coatings, such as weber.floor 4740 and 4741 (epoxy resins). For consolidation of concrete and screed surfaces. As vapour-barrier against rising damp under smoothing mortars and levelling underlay mortars. Best suited as water-free primer on moisture-sensitive substrates (timber planks, chipboards) and on metals). For monolithic sealing of cracks and construction joints in concrete surfaced and screeds. As bonding layer for bonded screeds and for adjoining works with screed mortar. As binder in combination with oven-dried silica sands it is possible to obtain thin scratch layers, epoxy resin patching repair mortars and epoxy resin screed mortars (SR). weber.floor 4712 is used as a system component of the weber.floor thin-layer screeds, smoothing mortars, levelling underlay mortars and flooring glue in residential, commercial and industrial constructions, also in sensitive interior areas. For use indoors and outdoors.
- EMICODE EC 1 PLUS: very low emission of volatile substances
- CE marking: SR - B1.5 - AR0.5 - IR4
- fulfills the AgBB-scheme (Committee for Health-Related Evaluation of Building Products) for sensitive recreation rooms
- certificate of eurofins «Indoor Air Comfort Gold»
- can be applied on young concrete
- compatible on concrete and cement screeds with a residual moisture up to 5 CM-% (by weight)
- suitable on heated floor constructions
- low viscosity with good penetration
- consolidates absorbent mineral substrates
- very good chemical resistance
- 100% solids content (i.e. no water and no solvent) as epoxy composition according to the test method of German Association for Construction Chemicals
- Comply with the national standards and/or guidelines relating to works with reactive resins. If not issued and if necessary, request technical advice.
- When used as primer, the material must be applied at falling temperatures.
- All characteristics mentioned in this data sheet relating to pot life, delay for pedestrian traffic, consumption and filling ratios with mineral fillers are temperature-dependent and are based on +20 °C.
- Relative air humidity during application and for 1 week afterwards: < 75%
- Substrates with a reactive resin on top must be protected from rising damp by applying an appropriate waterproofing.
- Whitish stains might appear on the surface due to moisture (dew point); they must be eliminated prior to application of the next coatings as a rule.
- The substrate temperature must be at least 3 °C above the prevailing dew point temperature.
- Porous substrates and concrete with air-entraining agents cannot be primed pore-free; this usually might lead to blisters and channels in the subsequent coating.
- In general, epoxy resins which are mixed with fillers (like silica sands) have a longer pot life than those which are unfilled.
- In case of use as thick-layer epoxy resin mortar or screed the product is open to light mechanical loads after 1 day, and to full mechanical loads after 3 days.