weber.xerm 847Product formerly named: SUPERFLEX 41
2-comp. highly flexible reaction resin-based adhesive for water-free or medium-resistant tile fixing
The product can be stored for at least 12 months in its original unopened packaging if kept dry and protected from moisture.
Fields of application
weber.xerm 847 is used as high-bond and flexible tile adhesive on glazed and unglazed ceramic surfaces, absorbent mineral substrates (concrete, renders, screeds), aluminum and stainless steel as well as on liquid-applied epoxy resin waterproofing membranes weber.tec 827 (floors) and 827 S (walls).
Suitable for bonding ceramic tiles and slabs, particularly in commercial kitchens and also for renovation works “tile on tile” on balconies and terraces, even on existing glazed or unglazed ceramic coverings. Dedicated for use on walls and floors with high loads of chemicals, oils and fats in damp, wet-duty rooms, thermal, medicinal and therapy pools, saunas and solariums, canteens and commercial kitchens, kitchen rooms and worktops, laboratory rooms and tables, laundries, breweries, etc.
For use indoors and outdoors.
- class R2 TE: R2: pull-off strength ≥ 2.0 N/mm2 in all storage conditions – T: thixotropic, slip ≤ 0.5 mm – E: extended open time ≥ 30 minutes
- certified by Det Norske Veritas for use on American cruise liners
- high bonding strength
- highly flexible
- resistant to numerous diluted acids and alkalis
- heat- and frost-resistant
- for commercial kitchens
- for hydrotherapy pools
- for fixing “tile on tile” in an exterior area
- All characteristics mentioned in this data sheet are based on a temperature of +23 °C without draughts and a relative humidity rate of 50%.
- Higher temperatures and lower humidity rates accelerate, lower temperatures and higher humidity rates delay the reaction process.
- Comply with the national standards and/or guidelines, for ex. DIN 18157 “Execution of tilings and coverings” and the leaflets of ZDB (Central Association of the German Construction Industry); if not issued and if necessary, request technical advice.
- Respect a maximum residual moisture content for concrete substrates at the time of installation of ceramic coverings and natural stones; it should not exceed 4.0 CM-% (by weight). The moisture content must be measured with a carbide hygrometer (CM) as a rule.
- Do not install tiles, slabs or natural stones that have been stored damp, wet, or too cold.
- Limits of use: do not use weber.xerm 847 outdoors on surfaces above heated or inhabited rooms.
- For full information relating to allowed substrates and tile coverings, refer to the Weber chart "Overview Tile Adhesives".
- weber.xerm 847 is suitable for embedding gutter suspension metal plates on balconies and terraces; the plates must be additionally anchored to the substrate.
- High-quality reactive resins, such as epoxy or polyurethane resins, require a concrete compressive strength of at least 30 N/mm² and a tensile strength (pull-off strength) of 1.0 N/mm².
- The substrate temperature must be at least 3 °C above the dew point temperature.
- A declaration of conformity for marine applications can be found at: https://www.de.weber/en/weber-marine-products