weber.tec 827/827 SProduct formerly named: SUPERFLEX 40/40S
2-comp. epoxy resin for bonded and chemical-resistant waterproofing of heavy-duty areas
1.2 mm - 2.0 mm
1.5 - 2.5 kg/m²
The product can be stored for at least 12 months in its original unopened packaging, if kept dry, cool and frost-free.
Fields of application
weber.tec 827 and weber.tec 827 S are 2-component epoxy resin bonded waterproofing compounds under tile coverings, especially dedicated for the new construction or renovation of swimming pools, brine and thermal baths, commercial kitchens, laundries and breweries, damp and wet-duty premises as well as laboratories.
In combination with the flexible tile and stone adhesive weber.xerm 852, both crack-bridging epoxy resin waterproofing compounds are suitable for use in case of water load classes W0-I up to W3-I with additional chemical spillage (oils, fats, cleaning agents, etc.) in accordance with DIN 18534 as described hereafter:
Low water load (W0-I): walls of domestic bathrooms beyond shower areas/walls of domestic kitchens/floors of domestic rooms without drain, for ex. in kitchens, utility rooms, and guest toilets.
Moderate water load (W1-I): walls of domestic bathrooms above bathtubs and in showers/floors of domestic bathrooms without or with drain without high water load from the shower area/floors of domestic rooms with drain.
High water load (W2-I): walls of showers in sports facilities and industrial premises/walls and
floors in sports facilities and industrial premises/floors with drains or gutters and flush-floor showers.
Very high water load (W3-I): very high exposure to water on surfaces with very frequent or longlasting exposure to spray water, service water or water of intensive cleaning operations, for ex. pedestrian areas around swimming pools / showers and shower rooms in sports facilities and industrial premises/walls and floors in commercial kitchens, laundries and breweries with chemical spillage.
Absorbent mineral surfaces, glazed and unglazed ceramic tiles, as well as mastic asphalt, are suitable substrates.
For use indoors and outdoors.
- fulfills the KSW recommendations for use in swimming pools (Germany)
- watertight up to 10 m water head
- high adhesion on substrate
- high resistance to numerous alkalis, acids and other chemicals
- heat and frost resistant
- weber.tec 827 is self-spreading on horizontal surfaces with slope up to 1.5%
- weber.tec 827 S is non-sag (trowel-grade) for vertical and horizontal surfaces
- For application as bonded waterproofing system comply with the national standards and/or guidelines, for ex. EN 14891 “Liquid-applied water-impermeable products for use beneath ceramic tiling bonded with adhesive”, DIN 18195 “Waterproofing of buildings”, DIN 18354-3 “Bonded waterproofing under tiles and slabs with liquid products for interior use” and the leaflets of ZDB (Central Association of German Construction Industry); if not issued and if necessary, request technical advice.
- All characteristics mentioned in this data sheet are based on a temperature of +23 °C without draught and a relative humidity rate of 50%.
- Higher temperatures accelerate, and lower temperatures delay the reaction process.
- weber.tec 827/827 S are temperature-resistant up to +70 °C in dry areas and up to +40 °C in wet and permanent underwater areas.
- Limits of use: do not use weber.tec 827 and 827 S outdoors on surfaces above heated or inhabited rooms. Glass mosaics or glass are not suitable as substrates.
- Mineral substrates require a tensile strength (pull-off strength) of > 1.0 N/mm2.
- The residual moisture content of concrete must not exceed 4 CM-% (by weight); it must be measured with a carbide hygrometer (CM) as a rule.
- The substrate temperature must be at least 3 °C above the dew point temperature.
- A backward moisture penetration of the waterproofing coatings is to be avoided.
- Observe the safety regulations indicated on the packaging.