weber.tec 822Product formerly named: SUPERFLEX 1
grey, old pink
minimum 0.5 mm after drying
The product can be stored for at least 12 months in its original unopened packaging if kept dry, cool and frost-free. Frost destroys the product. After thawing it is not allowed to use it.
Fields of application
weber.tec 822 is a one-component, flexible, liquid, dispersion-based and seamless waterproofing system under ceramic tiles in damp areas and wet-duty room areas. It protects moisture-sensitive substrates, such as gypsum plasters, gypsum fiberboards and calcium
sulphate screeds from damp and water penetration. Also for use on concrete, cement screeds, cement plasters, mineral patching mortars and old ceramic tiles.
Ideally suited for waterproofing works on the wall and floor surfaces in bathrooms, shower areas, and other wet-duty rooms subject to water load (classes W0-I and W1-I on walls and floors and class W2-I only on walls) according to DIN 18534-3 as described hereafter:
Low water load (W0-I): walls of domestic bathrooms beyond shower areas/walls of domestic kitchens/floors of domestic rooms without drain, for ex. in kitchens, utility rooms, and guest toilets in case of moisture-sensitive substrates.
Moderate water load (W1-I): walls of domestic bathrooms above bathtubs and in showers/floors of domestic bathrooms without or with drain without high water load from the shower area/floors of domestic rooms with drain in case of moisture-sensitive substrates.
High water load (W2-I): walls of showers in sports facilities and industrial premises/walls and floors in sports facilities and industrial premises in case of moisture-resistant substrates.
For use indoors.
- EMICODE EC 1: low emission of volatile substances
- certified by Det Norske Veritas for use on American cruise liners
- short drying time
- can be applied by brush or roller
- highly elastic (elongation at break approx. 310 %)
- All characteristics mentioned in this data sheet are based on a temperature of +23 °C without draught and a relative humidity rate of 50%.
- Higher temperatures and lower humidity rates accelerate, lower temperatures and higher humidity rates delay the drying process.
- For application as bonded waterproofing system follow the national standards/guidelines; if not issued and if necessary, refer to DIN 18534-3 “Bonded waterproofing under tiles and slabs with liquid compounds for interior use”, DIN 18195”Waterproofing
of buildings” and the leaflets of ZDB (Central Association of the German Construction Industry).
- Shear forces should not be transferred to the waterproofing layer.
- Existing structural joints must be covered and waterproofed with the sealing tape weber.tec 828 DB G or 828 DB 150 and taken over in the tile covering in a congruent manner.
- During the fixing of ceramic tiles or natural stones, avoid damage to the waterproofing layer.
- Limits of use: do not use weber.tec 822 outdoors, in swimming pools, in areas subject to permanent water load, on floors in case of high water load (W2-1) and in “flush-floor showers”; in these cases we recommend the 2-comp. reactive waterproofing slurry weber.tec Superflex D 2 or the 2-comp. waterproofing, tile adhesive and de-coupling system weber.xerm 844.
Do not use on walls/floors in cases W1-I and W2-I with additional chemical spillage, for ex. in commercial kitchens, laundries and breweries; in these cases, we recommend the flexible waterproofing epoxy resins weber.tec 827 (floors) or tec 827 S (walls). If in doubt, request technical advice.
- Earth-contacting areas must be waterproofed against uprising damp.
- Connections with metal surfaces must be waterproofed with weber.tec 827 S (trowel-grade).
- For use on wooden substrates, we recommend using an impact acoustic and de-coupling system, such as the boards weber.sys 832 bonded with the quick-setting dispersion-based tile adhesive in powder form weber.xerm 843 F.
- A declaration of conformity for marine applications can be found at: https://www.de.weber/weber-marine-produkte