weber.tec 828Product formerly named: SUPERFLEX AB
The product can be stored for at least 24 months in its original unopened packaging, if kept dry, and protected from moisture and direct sunlight.
Fields of application
The tape system consists of different sealing components: tapes, sleeves for pipe penetrations, inner corners and outer corners. The components are used for bridging movement joints and for providing a flexible waterproofing of edge and connection joints in wall and floor areas, as well as for sealing pipe penetrations in wet-duty areas.
Can be used for water load classes W0-I up to W3-I according to DIN 18534-3 “Bonded waterproofing under tiles and slabs with liquid products for interior use”, and also in areas with additional chemical spillage (oils, fats, cleaning agents, etc.) as described hereafter:
Low water load (W0-I): walls of domestic bathrooms beyond shower areas/walls of domestic kitchens/floors of domestic rooms without drain, for ex. in kitchens, utility rooms, and guest toilets.
Moderate water load (W1-I): walls of domestic bathrooms above bathtubs and in showers/floors of domestic bathrooms without or with drain without high water load from the shower area/floors of domestic rooms with drain.
High water load (W2-I): walls of showers in sports facilities and industrial premises/walls and floors in sports facilities and industrial premises/floors with drains or gutters and flush-floor showers.
Very high water load (W3-I): very high exposure to water on surfaces with very frequent or long-lasting exposure to spray water, service water or water of intensive cleaning operations, for ex. pedestrian areas around swimming pools/showers and shower rooms in sports facilities and industrial premises/walls and floors in commercial kitchens, laundries and breweries with chemical spillage.
All components weber.tec 828 have a fleece lamination on both sides for bonding improvement.
The sealing tapes weber.tec are highly elastic in a cross direction.
The expansion zone of the sleeves around the sanitary pipes can be adapted to different pipe sizes thanks to a pre-punched hole for enlargement.
For use indoors and outdoors.
- impermeable to water
- suitable in permanent underwater areas
- weather and age-resistant
- highly tear-resistant and elastic
- high bonding strength with subsequent waterproofing material
- In case of movements of building parts, lay the sealing tape in loop form over the expansion and movement joints to be in line with the expected movements.
- The expansion zone should be installed centrally in the corner joints and above material transitions.
- Resistant to salt solutions or alkalis, as well as diluted acids and alkalis.
- Not resistant to mineral oils, petrol, fuels and aromatics, such as toluene.