weber.fug 883Product formerly named: PLASTIKOL FDX
anthracite, Bahama beige, black, caramel, cotto brown, cement grey, dark grey, edelweiss, Havana brown, ivory, light grey, manhattan, medium grey, nut brown, pergamon, silver grey, transparent
The product can be stored at least 18 months in its original unopened packaging, if kept dry and cool.
Fields of application
weber.fug 883 dedicated for sealing of movement joints between natural stones which are sensitive to moisture and discoloration, like white marble, quarzite or granite. It is fungistatic and therefore largely protected against bacterial and mould infestation.
- EMICODE EC 1PLUS: very low emission of volatile substances
- for use indoors and outdoors
- suitable for marble and natural stones
- optimal bonding strength, also on all types of ceramics, glass etc.
- leaves no stains on the joint edges in case of sensitive natural stones
- neutral cross linked
- free of methyl-ethyl-ketone-oxime
- resistant to UV
- resistant to numerous chemicals
- Limits of use: do not use in contact with tar, bitumen, rubber, polyethylene and teflon.
- All characteristics mentioned in this data sheet are based on a temperature of +23 °C without draught and a relative humidity rate of 50%.
- High temperatures and low humidity rates accelerate, low temperatures and high humidity rates delay the curing process.
- Expansion joints shall be designed in such a way that the allowed practical service elongation of the sealant is not exceeded, taking all expected movements into account.
- Follow the national standards and/or guidelines relating to joint width, depth and backfilling dimensions; if not issued and if necessary, refer to the norm DIN 18 540 or request advice.
- Components in room atmosphere might lead to a discolouration of the light shades of weber.fug 883 due to chemical reactions; it is the case with aldehydic cleaners, preservating substances and solvents.
- The joint sealant is compatible with paint according to DIN 52452-A1, but cannot be painted over.
- The joint sealant can easily discolour on substrates containing plasticizers.