weber.tec 825Product formerly named: DEITERMANN DF
Damp-proofing and waterproofing membrane for wet-duty rooms for bonded waterproofing under tiles on walls and floors
The product can be stored for at least 24 months in its original unopened packaging, if kept indoors, protected from sunlight and in an upright position.
Fields of application
weber.tec 825 is used for waterproofing of walls and floors in showers, bathrooms and wet-duty rooms with normal household use, especially for all works to be performed under time pressure. Also for waterproofing of walls and floors with supplementary chemical spillage.
weber.tec 825 meets the requirements of DIN 18534-5 for water load classes W0-I, W1-I and W2-I as described hereafter:
Low water load (W0-I): walls of domestic bathrooms beyond shower areas/walls of domestic kitchens/floors of domestic rooms without drain, for ex. in kitchens, utility rooms, and guest toilets in case of moisture-sensitive substrates.
Moderate water load (W1-I): walls of domestic bathrooms above bathtubs and in showers/floors of domestic bathrooms without or with drain without high water load from the shower area/floors of domestic rooms with a drain in case of moisture-sensitive substrates.
High water load (W2-I): walls of showers in sports facilities and industrial premises/walls and floors in sports facilities and industrial premises/floors with drains or gutters and flush-floor showers in case of moisture-resistant substrates.
Also, convenient for walls and floors subject to chemical spillage (oils, fats, cleaning agents, etc.), like in commercial kitchens, laundries and breweries.
In addition, the product can also be used as a water vapour barrier in areas with high and frequent water vapour accumulation, e.g. saunas.
For use indoors.
- impermeable to water
- water vapour-retarding
- can be quickly covered
- quick and problem-free application
- For application as bonded waterproofing system comply with the national standards and/or guidelines, for ex. DIN 18534-5 ʺBonded waterproofing under tiles and slabs with membranes for interior useʺ and the leaflets of ZDB (Central Association of German Construction Industry); if not issued and if requested, request technical advice.
- Limits of use: do not use weber.tec 825 outdoors, in swimming pools, in areas subject to permanent water load and in ʺflush-floor showersʺ; in these cases we recommend the 2-comp. reactive waterproofing slurry weber.tec Superflex D 2 or the 2-comp. waterproofing, tile adhesive and de-coupling system weber.xerm 844.
- During the subsequent fixing of ceramic tiles and slabs, avoid any damage to the foil.
- Bond ceramic coverings on top of the foil, using the temperature-independent setting flexible adhesive weber.xerm 859 F.
- After 3 hours at the earliest use the cement-based grout weber.fug 873 (high-strength grout), fug 875 F (ceramic and natural stone grout with crystal effector), fug 877 (flexible grout); use the epoxy resin adhesive and grout weber.xerm 848 in case of chemical spillage (commercial kitchens, laundries and breweries, etc.).