weber.fug 881Product formerly named: PLASTIKOL FDN
anthracite, cement grey, edelweiss, ivory, light grey, manhattan, medium grey, pergamon/jasmine,
silver grey, transparent
The product can be stored up to 12 months in its original unopened packaging if kept dry and cool.
Fields of application
weber.fug 881 is used as odourless, elastic sealant for movement joints on walls and floors in sanitary areas as well as for use in all interior fittings, etc. It bonds excellently to glazed ceramics, porcelain stoneware tiles, enamel, glass and similar materials. For indoors and outdoors.
- EMICODE EC 1PLUS: very low of volatile substances
- for use indoors and outdoors
- high elongation performance
- neutral cross-linked
- optimal adhesion to ceramics of all kinds, glass, etc.
- Limits of use: do not use in contact with tar, bitumen, rubber, polyethylene and teflon.
- In case of use with ceramic tiles outdoors or natural stones, stains can appear on the surfaces near to the joint sides. Therefore. it is recommended to use the joint sealant weber.fug 883 for joints between natural stones.
- All characteristics mentioned in this data sheet are based on a temperature of +23 °C without draught and a relative humidity rate of 50%.
- High temperatures and low humidity rates accelerate, low temperatures and high humidity rates delay the curing process.
- Expansion joints shall be designed in such a way that the allowed practical service elongation of the sealant is not exceeded, taking all expected movements into account.
- Follow the national standards and/or guidelines relating to joint width, depth and backfilling dimensions; if not issued and if necessary, refer to the norm DIN 18 540 or request advice.
- Vapours from for ex. lacquers or wood preservating compounds might lead to a chemical reaction and affect the light shades of weber.fug 881 in room atmosphere.
- Also, a direct contact with aldehyde-containing liquids (often disinfection or smoothing liquids) should be avoided.
- The joint sealant is compatible with paint according to DIN 52452-A1, but cannot be painted over.
- The joint sealant can easily discolour on substrates containing plasticizers.
- Corrosion is possible with moulded plastics, for ex. corrugated PVC or plexiglas parts.
- A declaration of conformity for marine applications can be found at: https://www.weber-marine.com/home.html