weber.xerm 859 F
up to 10 mm
approx. 6 liters / 25 kg
The material can be stored for at least 9 months in its original unopened packaging if kept dry and protected from moisture.
Fields of application
weber.xerm 859 F is a flexible thin- and medium-bed mortar based on an innovative mortar technology: its processing is largely independent of temperatures. Hence, it enables the laying of all common materials, e.g. earthenware, stoneware, porcelain stoneware, and many mosaic types as well as natural stones that are insensitive to moisture and discoloration whenever they must be carried out on time with a reliable schedule for walkability and grouting, both at warm or cold ambient temperatures.
This feature makes the tile adhesive ideal for works in outdoor areas, but also for works under time pressure indoors, e.g. in warm or cold storage rooms as well as on large surfaces, like showrooms and salesrooms, counter halls, entrance halls, hallways, etc.
Furthermore, weber.xerm 859 F can be applied on the Weber bonded waterproofing solutions weber.tec 822 (1-comp. liquid foil), 824 (1-comp. cement-based slurry), Superflex D 2 and weber.xerm 844 (2-comp. quick-setting and reactive compounds) and weber.tec 827/827 S (2-comp. epoxy resins).
It can also be used on weber.tec 825 and 826 (waterproofing membranes) and weber.sys 832 (impact sound insulation and de-coupling boards).
For use indoors and outdoors.
- EMICODE EC 1PLUS: very low emission of volatile substances
- class C2 FTE / S1: C2 = pull-off strength ≥ 1.0 N/mm2 in all storage conditions – F = quick-setting – T = thixotropic, slip ≤ 0.5 mm – E = extended open time ≥ 30 minutes – S1 = deformation ≥ 2.5 mm
- adhesive component for weber.tec 825 (waterproofing foil and water vapour barrier)
- temperature-independent pot life and setting time
- predictable waiting time till pedestrian traffic and grouting works
- quick development of mechanical strengths
- long open time
- optimal for large-size floor tiles
- for use on balconies and terraces
- suitable for heated floor constructions
- Limits of use: do not use weber.xerm 859 F for bonding “tile on tile” outdoors, in permanently wet areas or in areas permanently underwater (without waterproofing); in these cases, use the epoxy resin adhesive weber.xerm 847.
- For full information relating to allowed substrates and tile coverings, refer to the Weber chart “Overview Tile Adhesives”.
- All characteristics mentioned in this data sheet are based on a temperature of +23 °C without draught and a relative humidity rate of 50%.
- The setting process remains nearly unchanged within a temperature range of +5 °C up to +30 °C and also in case of humidity rate variations.
- Comply with the national standards and/or guidelines, for ex. DIN 18157 “Execution of tilings and coverings by thin-bed method with cement-based mortars” and the leaflets of ZDB (Central Association of the German Construction Industry); if not issued and if necessary, request technical advice.
- Respect the maximum residual moisture content of the substrate moisture at the time of installation of ceramic coverings and natural stones; it should not exceed 2.0 CM-% (by weight) in case of heated or non-heated cement screeds, 0.5 CM-% (by weight) in case of heated or non-heated anhydrite screeds, 1.0 CM-% (by weight) in case of gypsum plasters, and air-dry for cement and cement-lime renders/plasters. The moisture content must be measured with a carbide hygrometer (CM) as a rule.
- Tiling materials that are particularly sensitive to discolouration and deformation must be fixed with a water-free adhesive (e.g. reactive resin adhesive). If in doubt, carry out preliminary tests.
- Do not install tiles, slabs or natural stones that have been stored damp, wet, or too cold.
- Protect the structure from moisture until the tile adhesive has completely set.
- Do not use a material that has already stiffened
- When levelling substrates with low compressive strength and bulk density (e.g. gypsum plasters, lightweight plasters, aerated concrete, etc.), calcium sulphate screeds or mastic asphalt screeds, apply the tile adhesive in a maximum thickness of 3 mm.
- Do not use in contact with non-ferrous metals, such as aluminium, copper, lead or zinc. Used stainless steel components, e.g. rails and edge protector angles.