weber.tec Superflex D 24Product formerly named: SUPERFLEX D 24
depends on water load; see figures herebelow under “Consumption”
within max. 24 hours
The product can be stored for at least 12 months in its original unopened packaging, if kept dry, cool and frost-free. Frost destroys the liquid component. After thawing it is not allowed to be used.
Fields of application
weber.tec Superflex D 24 is used for external waterproofing of basement walls below ground level in new and old buildings.
For waterproofing of foundations (concrete slabs and lean concrete).
For waterproofing of working joints and butt joints between earth-contacting pre-cast water-impermeable concrete elements.
For waterproofing of water tanks (with positive water pressure up to 10 meters water head).
For waterproofing of facade socket areas as well as floor-flush window and door connection profiles.
As horizontal damp-proof courses in walls or under ascending walls.
For retrospective internal waterproofing of earth-contacting basements walls (with negative water pressure).
For retrospective waterproofing as bondcoat and as new waterproofing on anionic defective bitumen waterproofing layers.
As intermediate waterproofing layer under screeds, in wet-duty rooms, sanitary areas, balconies and terraces (not above heated rooms).
In addition, the product is suitable for spot-bonding and full surface-bonding of rigid-foam polystyrene boards below ground level.
For use indoors and outdoors.
- EMICODE EC 1PLUS: very low emission of volatile substances
- highly flexible and crack-bridging of least 2 mm
- fulfills the guidelines for polymer-modified bitumen coatings (PMBC) and flexible polymermodified thick-layer waterproofing coatings (FPD)
- high percentage of dry residue > 98%
- 1.02 mm fresh coat (approx. 1.07 kg/m2) yields approx. 1.0 mm dry coat
- quickly resistant to rain after approx. 1.5 hour at 4 mm layer thickness
- allows bonding of insulation boards, drainage/protection) boards after only 4 hours
- weather-independent drying through reactive setting within 24 hours
- quickly resistant to pressure water of 1.0 bar after 24 hours
- suitable on any mineral substrate; no preliminary render layer on substrate is necessary
- can be covered with render or paint
- resistant to frost and UV rays
- multi-use: external and internal waterproofing / waterproofing of horizontal and vertical main surfaces / waterproofing of socket areas of facade waterproofing / horizontal waterproofing under walls / bonding layer on old bitumen layers / renovation of old defective bitumen-based waterproofing in one product
- allows waterproofing of external basement walls and facade socket areas with one product
- renovation of old defective anionic bitumen-based waterproofing layers
- resistant to ageing
- resistant to water attacking concrete up to the level “highly corrosive” in accordance with DIN 4030 (up to 3.000 mg sulphate per litre of water) and also to seawater
- sprayable with peristaltic pump technology and screw pump technology, e.g. Wagner PC 1030 with air support
- best suited for building projects where time is at premium, particularly during the wet and cold seasons
- Limits of use: do not use for the waterproofing of tanks with drinking water or sewage water tanks. For drinking water tanks use the 1-comp. mineral normal-setting waterproofing slurry weber.tec 930. For sewage tanks request technical advice.
- All characteristics mentioned in this data sheet are given for a temperature of 23 °C, without draft and a relative rate of humidity of 50%.
- In the case of pressure water, steel-reinforced concrete must satisfy the national standards (for ex. EN 206); if not issued and if necessary, request technical advice.
- In case of sunshine, carry out waterproofing works in shadow or in the morning or evening hours.
- Do not bond protective boards or insulation boards with weber.tec Superflex D 24 and do not fill the excavation pit until the material has completely dried.
- Prior to backfilling the excavation pit lay the drainage mat weber.sys 983 over the basement walls in order to protect the waterproofing system.
- Comply with the national standards and/or guidelines; if not issued, and if requested, refer to the norm DIN 18533 (“Waterproofing of Ground-contacting Building Structures”), the “Guideline for Planning and Execution of Waterproofing Works with Polymer Modified Bitumen Coatings (PMBC)” (4th edition, Dec. 2018, issued by the German Construction Chemicals Association), the “Guideline for Planning and Execution of Waterproofing of Ground-contacting Building Structures with Flexible Polymer-Modified Thick-Layer Waterproofing Coatings (FDP)”, and the WTA leaflet 4-6 “Retrospective Waterproofing of Ground-contacting Structures” (WTA = International Association for Science and Technology of Building Maintenance and Monuments Preservation). In case of doubt, request technical advice.
- Follow the guideline relating to waterproofing works of water-impermeable concrete structures (working joints and butt joints between pre-cast concrete wall elements and connection area between water-impermeable concrete floor slab and wall elements); if not issued, request technical advice.
- After full drying of the last waterproofing layer weber.tec Superflex D 24 can be painted over with the silicone resin paint weber.ton 411 or the silicate egalizing paint weber.ton 414.
- If a render is planned on top of weber.tec Superflex D 2 on the external socket of facades, apply a bonding layer with the quick-setting stipple coat weber.san 951 S on the whole surface of the fully dry waterproofing layer.
- Do not mix with other substances.
- Do not use the material on frozen substrates, at freezing or high temperatures (substrate temperature above 30 °C).
- In case of direct sun exposure, a slight discoloration might occur.
- In case of use for renovation of old cationic bitumen coats the woven fiberglass mesh weber.sys 981 must be inserted between the 1st and 2nd new layer.
- Refer to the Weber application tip ”Supplementary guidelines for the application of the reactive waterproofing weber.tec Superflex D 24” for full information related to important issues like an assessment of water load, thickness control and all execution details.
- The consumption of weber.tec Superflex D24 for the required scratch coat must be calculated additionally. Here an increase of 1.0 - 1.5 kg/m² depending on the substrate roughness must be taken into account.