weber.prim 801Product formerly named: EUROLAN TG 2
Ready-to-use primer for pre-treatment of absorbent substrates
The product can be stored at least 12 months in its original sealed packaging, if kept dry and frost-free. Frost will destroy the product. After thawing, it is not allowed to use it.
Fields of application
weber.prim 801 is used as alkali-resistant, unsaponifiable primer with a dust-binding and water-repellent effect for the pre-treatment of absorbent substrates. Ideally dedicated prior to the application of tile adhesives, patching mortars, renders and plasters etc. Mainly suitable for priming gypsum plasters, gypsum plasterboards and gypsum fibreboards, cellular concrete, mineral renders/plasters, fibre-cement boards, concrete, masonry, cement screeds and calcium sulphate screeds before fixing ceramic wall and floor ceramic tiles. Tile adhesives are protected against rapid water removal, thus improving their open time and bonding strength*.
*Also suitable as primer of aerated concrete and sanding substrates prior to application of bitumen waterproofing products. For indoors and outdoors, depending on the specific use.
- EMICODE EC 1PLUS: very low emission of volatile substances
- for walls and floors
- improved bonding of subsequent products onto all common mineral substrates
- easy application by brush or roller
- All characteristics mentioned in this data sheet are based on a temperature of +23 °C without draught and relative humidity rate of 50%.
- Higher temperatures and lower humidity accelerate, whilst lower temperatures and higher humidity delay the drying process.
- Substrates containing gypsum: comply with the recommendations of the respective manufacturer.
- Substrates with water-soluble residues of old adhesives: remove them completely.
- Protect the freshly applied primer coat from fouling and moisture.
- Limits of use: do not use for the priming of calcium-sulphate screeds with subsequent fixing of large-size ceramic tiles (> 100 x 100 cm); in this case use the multi-purpose and quick-drying primer weber.prim 804 or the epoxy resin primer weber.prim 807.
- weber.prim 801 is convenient for a large variety of substrates; if in doubt, request our technical advice.
- Allow to dry approx. 15 minutes at dry and warm climatic conditions; in case of humid weather conditions and/or at low temperatures, the drying period will be longer.
- In cold-storage rooms and freezing rooms, ensure sufficiently long drying and ventilation times to avoid impairing the taste of food products.